Inversions are considered to be some of the most effective yoga poses for focusing the mind, detoxing the body, and soothing the soul.
Considering most of our lives are spent with our heads held high, legs below and feet grounded, reversing this arrangement feels like a refreshing change of pace.
Plus, it has lots of benefits. For starters, inversions build upper-body strength, balance and confidence. They also prompt you to see the world from a new perspective!
Moving into postures where your head is lower than your heart also helps to prevent lymphatic fluid from pooling in your legs (a result of our upright lives), while increasing circulation to your brain—a combo that instantly boosts energy.
Then, there’s the fact that inversions can be so much fun. They give us an opportunity to get a little playful with our practice and not take ourselves so seriously.
In-person workshop at One Heart Cayman Studio.
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Sunday, November 21st, 2021. Time: 2 pm to 3:30pm
- Sunday, November 28th, 2021. Time: 2pm to 3:30pm
Price before November 16th, 2021
- $68for the 2 classes workshop
- $45 per individual class to anyone
Price after November 16th, 2021
- $96 for the 2 classes workshop
- $50 per individual class to anyone
During this workshop we will work in a progressive way, from the 1st to the last class, respecting each person’s individualities.
It is ideal for beginners and intermediate practitioners as there will always be something to do to improve and to focus on.
- Attire: comfortable sports clothing
- We will work barefoot
- Bring your own mat and water bottle
- Please don’t enroll in the workshop if you have spine injuries, neck injuries or recent surgeries.
• Sunday, November 21st, 2021 Energising warm-up and conditioning exercises. Recognize the postural muscles that will help you to keep the inversion practice.
- Proper head, shoulders, elbows and hand positions to build a solid foundation.
- Difference between sirsasana and tripod headstand.
- Proper practice with and without the wall. Learn how to fall off the pose safely and with precaution.
- Play with your balance Leg’s entrance variations (Knee tuck, split & straddles).
- Flexibility, Relaxation & Meditation.
• November 28th, 2021
1. Energising warm-up and conditioning exercises.
2. Practice how to fall with safety and precaution.
3. Gain control when lifting your legs in your inverted posture:.
4. “No Hands” Sirsasana Balance- yes there are many more headstand variations besides sirsasana and tripod headstand. These are headstand variations from the intermediate series of Ashtanga Yoga. We’ll play with them and see how far and we get upside-down! • Mukta Hasta Sirsasana A – B and C • Badha Hastha Sirsasana B-C and D
5. Play & reinforce the different leg variations you’ve learned as an entrance to balance.
6. Flexibility, Relaxation & Meditation.
For the ones who can not assist in person.
There is an online version of the workshop.
If you are interest
Please write down your email and I will send you the information